Employment and Internships at NWEI
Since 1993, NWEI has helped make change more possible, more social, and more fun by helping people connect with their communities and take action, together. Through discussion courses and the EcoChallenge program, we give people a framework to talk about our relationship with the planet and to share in discovering new ways to live, work, create and consume.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity and to attracting and supporting a staff and board who represent the rich diversity of the communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or mental or physical disability.
NWEI routinely works with students, interns and volunteers who are looking to gain experience. Please email us at email@example.com to learn more.
Northwest Earth Institute (nwei.org) seeks a highly motivated, creative, and reliable individual for our internship program. The Sustainability Education Intern will work closely with the Director of Learning and the Director of Membership & Engagement in developing and publicizing our EcoChallenge and Discussion Course programs for 2019.
The Sustainability Education Intern’s job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting research on sustainability, climate change, environmental justice, and diversity
- Conducting research on and applying behavior change and learning theories to NWEI programs
- Outreach related to program launches, including Fall 2018 EcoChallenge and April 2019 Drawdown
- Working with outreach staff to research businesses, green team leaders, sustainability coordinators, community organizations, and colleges and universities to participate in Discussion Courses and the Fall 2018 and April 2019 EcoChallenges
- Monitoring the Fall EcoChallenge event social feed to choose featured participants, offer
encouragement, and capture transformative EcoChallenge stories.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, sustainability-minded intern to help coordinate support and engagement efforts for the 2018 Fall EcoChallenge.
EcoChallenge gives schools, organizations, and communities the tools and inspiration to accomplish their sustainability engagement and action goals. Our free and open web-based platform elevates solutions, facilitates action, and visualizes impact. By incentivizing and celebrating both effort and impact, EcoChallenge gives aspiring leaders the resources and confidence to take on the world’s biggest challenges.
The EcoChallenge Digital Engagement Intern will help with a variety of tasks, and will have the opportunity to develop skills in a number of areas including:
- Helping EcoChallenge participants create profiles on the EcoChallenge platform; providing other technical support as needed; and disseminating materials as necessary via telephone, email, and through our Zendesk support channel
- Viewing, interpreting, and presenting impact and other data upon event completion
- Participation in implementation of technology for social and environmental good
- Communicating the goals, purpose, and intersection of NWEI EcoChallenge and Discussion Course programs to new, existing, and prospective participants
- Working with outreach staff to research businesses, green team leaders, sustainability coordinators, community organizations, and colleges and universities to participate in the Fall EcoChallenge
- Monitoring the Fall EcoChallenge event social feed to choose featured participants, offer encouragement, and capture transformative EcoChallenge stories
- Identifying success indicators and/or stories around participating organizations that engage ambitiously in the Fall EcoChallenge
Current Staff Openings
At this time we do not have any staff openings. Thank you for your interest, please check back.